Parks and Rec Finder : Failed to load resources

Jump to solution
09-24-2014 04:24 PM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

Ok.

We've got the ParksFinder to work on an INTERNAL only server.

Now we are trying to get an public facing version working and hitting one final snag...

Search by Activity.

We have everything upgraded (as of today).

ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 / Web Adaptor 10.2.2 / 10.2 SDE GeoDB

We are running a Clustered 10.2.2 Server setup through our 10.2.2 Web Adaptor (in case that matters).

But when I select to Search by Activity I get weird errors.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET http://maps.cityoftulsa.org/ParksFinder/proxy.ashx?http://maps.cityoftulsa.org/gis/rest/services/LGD...

We have tried everything we can think of... I'm on hour 11 and my brain is now fried.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianO_keefe

The folder containing the proxy is an application.

The proxy has been configured correctly (exactly like our internal working one) and all other searches work correctly.

What makes NO sense at all is what we had to do to get this to work.

In locator.js around line 1565 there is this line...

activityQueryString += "1=1";

If you change it to this...

activityQueryString += " 1=1 ";

It works...

The addition or TWO SPACES makes it work.

Now I would love to take credit for it but my (much more highly experienced GIS professional) co-worker and our GIS DBA-guy both stayed PAST 6:41pm (when I left) until around 8pm and figured that out.

So my gripe here is "ESRI"... SERIOUSLY?!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
AlexanderNohe1

Hi Brian,

Have you converted the folder that contains your proxy to an application?  In addition, has the proxy page been configured correctly and work on other resources that you pass through it?

Thanks!

BrianO_keefe

The folder containing the proxy is an application.

The proxy has been configured correctly (exactly like our internal working one) and all other searches work correctly.

What makes NO sense at all is what we had to do to get this to work.

In locator.js around line 1565 there is this line...

activityQueryString += "1=1";

If you change it to this...

activityQueryString += " 1=1 ";

It works...

The addition or TWO SPACES makes it work.

Now I would love to take credit for it but my (much more highly experienced GIS professional) co-worker and our GIS DBA-guy both stayed PAST 6:41pm (when I left) until around 8pm and figured that out.

So my gripe here is "ESRI"... SERIOUSLY?!

AlexanderBaker
New Contributor III

Judging from your previous posts I am contacting you regarding any possible advice you may have with getting the Parks Finder 10.2 application fully up and running.

Currently I have all the services published (feature access) hosted on AGOL content. We are not hosting this feature server on our server.

I have the service url's all in the correct locations within the config file & have checked all the parameters for possible typos.

When I click on a feature (using Chrome, IE11 or Modzilla) i get prompted with this message.

"required configuration key values are either null or not exactly matching with layer attributes this message may appear multiple times"

I am them able to view attribute data (except for the Activity). all the data is populated for the parks feature class & the services were all created resourced right from the sample .mxd provided.

Just wondering if you had any tips or tricks you know about or best practices that helped you succeed with getting this application working 100% how its advertised by ESRI.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

Ok. When you say 'hosted on AGOL content' do you mean that you have uploaded the files to AGOL?

Make sure you have 'shared' the AGOL map with everyone.

AlexanderBaker
New Contributor III

Hosted meaning that the feature service was published straight to AGOL & not onto our server.

Operational Layer with the Parks Data

http://services1.arcgis.com/RTiKiFNGzgAobBzy/arcgis/rest/services/ParksFinder_AGOL/FeatureServer/0

Comments Table

http://services1.arcgis.com/RTiKiFNGzgAobBzy/arcgis/rest/services/ParksFinder_AGOL/FeatureServer/1

This service is shared with everyone.

The Parks Finder 10.2 does not require a webmap to be created prior to publishing. The config file brings everything together using all services published (feature services & the basemap service).

Basemap

http://gis.wpb.org/arcgis/rest/services/BaseMap/GeneralPurpose10_2/MapServer

Putting this application was very straight forward, but following all the documentation has given me an application that looks good upon opening but does not behave correctly.

-Bottom pop up window does not open when using IE11, but does so on Chrome & FireFox

-When attachments are enabled for the feature service (Parks), the pop up windows on searches or map tip continuously loads without stopping. Behavior stops when attachments disabled.

-Directions does not appear or routing even thought it is enabled in the config file (NOTE: This may be an issue with me registering the application file & editing the proxy)

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

Have you made sure your proxy.config is set up right?

AlexanderBaker
New Contributor III

I believe so... I just inserted the App ID & App Client information along with the services

Those were derived from when I registered the application on ArcGIS online....

ProxyConfig.JPG

0 Kudos
AlexanderBaker
New Contributor III

What's the best way to determine if my proxy config .js is set up correctly?

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Hi Brain -

Your comment mentioning you finally got the Park Rec Finder to work internally prompts my question because I. Am. Stuck.

I'm publishing our web map through Portal, editing the config.js file and then moving the application over to our IIS web server. But I consistently get errors saying 'No Basemap found' or "Item does not exist or is inaccessible".

Any words or wisdom? My webmap, services and groups are set to "Everyone" in the Portal and I've changed the Portal API URL to the point to my Portal Rest API but I'm not sure if there are other settings to consider since the directions for deployment are for the AGOL environment.

Many thanks, Meg

(bartender!)

0 Kudos