Select to view content in your preferred language

Operations Dashboard is not opening.

Jump to solution
06-28-2019 12:59 PM
AntonioCano
Esri Contributor

Our team has recently begun testing with ArcGIS Enterprise and have configured a base deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 using a cloud server. In our testing and validation, noted that Operations Dashboard does not want to open. We have tried various methods to start Operations Dashboard through Portal. To give you an idea of what we are encountering, we had created a web map using a feature service hosted from Survey123. After choosing to share as an Operations Dashboard and inputting the title, tags, and summary, a blank page opens with no options (screenshot attached). We have not been able to find any documentation on this. This is also true for Sites (these are the only 2 in the App Launcher). Any assistance in helping us to understand this issue would be really appreciated.

24 Replies
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
AbdulJabbar1
New Contributor III

Hi There,

Operational Dashboard is not opening (Installed with Portal for ArcGIS 10.8).

When I hit the Operational Dashboard in App Launcher it just keeps searching for hours and nothing comes up.

I'm using Portal for ArcGIS 10.8 with ArcGIS Server 10.8 as Federated Server. Everything works fine for me apart from Operational Dashboard.

Please any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Abdul

operations dashboard issue‌

#Portal for ArcGIS 10.8

0 Kudos
GrantMullins
New Contributor III

Have you tried opening in Chrome?  I only get that behavior in IE.

0 Kudos
AbdulJabbar1
New Contributor III

Hi Grant, 

Thanks for responding on this.

Normally I use Google Chrome and it doesn't work there at all. However, I also tried IE, unfortunately, no luck there either.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Abdul,

Sorry for the late reply. I did not see the notification for this thread update.

> Operational Dashboard is not opening (Installed with Portal for ArcGIS 10.8)

Is this a new Portal for ArcGIS 10.8 installation? or was this an upgrade of Portal? If the latter, from which release? Also, if the latter, was Operations Dashboard working and now just stopped working? If the latter, were any changes made to Portal?

0 Kudos
GrantMullins
New Contributor III

Found a fix in another thread that I can't find at the moment. Turning off "Compatibility Mode" from the IE options menu fixed it for us.  Chrome still seems to perform better but at least folks can click links and go to a viewer that works.

AbdulJabbar1
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Thanks for responding on this.

Yes, I updated Portal for ArcGIS from 10.7 to 10.8. I've never tried OD before in ArcGIS Enterprise, just tried a few times in ArcGIS Online where I had no issue at all.

Now, we are expanding our infrastructure and looking for managing all our assets using the full package of geospatial technology available. I didn't have any issue with any component of ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 apart from OD.

Hope it helps

Please let me know if you required any further information from my side.

Thanks

Abdul    

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Abdul,

> ... I updated Portal for ArcGIS from 10.7 to 10.8

I suspect something's amiss with your Portal upgrade. Operations Dashboard is integrated within Portal - it is not a separate install in 10.7, nor 10.8. Are you sure you followed the Portal upgrade procedure correctly?

Upgrade your ArcGIS Enterprise portal—Portal for ArcGIS (10.8) | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Did you reindex your Portal?

After upgrading, I don't see all of my items, groups, and users in my portal. What's going on?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AbdulJabbar1
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Yes, I know that OD is not separate anymore, and I'm sure I followed the upgrading procedure correctly.

In fact, all my apps (Operations Dashboard, Workforce and QuickCapture) in App Launcher are showing the same behaviour. When I click any of them they take me to the new window where they just keep thinking with a blank page.

I did reindex today, unfortunately still no luck.

It's very frustrating.

Do you think if I have anything wrong with my proxy server? If there is something wrong with the proxy I won't be able to get anything from my portal site, but here everything works fine apart from apps in App Launcher.

Abdul

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Abdul,

> Do you think if I have anything wrong with my proxy server? If there is something wrong with the proxy I won't be able to get anything from my portal site, but here everything works fine apart from apps in App Launcher.

Possibly. Not sure as I am not familiar with your ArcGIS Enterprise installation/security configurations, etc. At this point, I recommend that you contact esri Tech Support and they can help you investigate further. Sorry.

0 Kudos