Offline Map (CreateReplica) with a user with only SELECT permissions on the dataset

05-05-2014 05:53 AM
NicoleSchmidt
New Contributor III
I want to deploy a service that can be used offline, but I don't want to allow editing on this service.  I also do not want to use a user account that has EDIT permissions on the dataset in my feature service, but I cannot get this to work properly.  The CreateReplica request fails and the server has the following log entry:

An error occurred while adding an entry to the FEATUREDATASET_CLASSES or the FEATURECLASSES table. [Read only data or unversioned data cannot be replicated. Data versioned with the option to move edits to base cannot be replicated. GlobalIDs are required for two way and one way replica data. Creating one way replica using archiving requires archiving the replicated parent data.]

If I switch to a user with edit permissions on the data, this problem goes away.

These are the options I am using.

Is there a way to make this work?  Can I get this data offline without granting edit permissions?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Occasional Contributor III
To create a replica, the user/data owner must have write permissions to the child database.  After the replica is complete, a different, read-only user can publish the services.
0 Kudos
NicoleSchmidt
New Contributor III
Are we talking about the same thing?  I am talking about taking a map offline using the GeodatabaseSyncTask (Android) or the AGSGDBSyncTask (iOS) or using the REST API http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/rest/apiref/fscreatereplica.html

I am not sure how I would Create the Replica then publish the service.  I think I first have to publish the Feature Service then I can use one of the above methods against that FeatureService.
0 Kudos