New Map Viewer - Pop up configuring not reflected in table view?

Jump to solution
01-23-2023 06:42 AM
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

in classic map viewer, the adjustments you make to the popup are reflected in the table view - ie if you remove 3 fields from the popup, you will NOT see these three fields in, say, a detail panel in a dashboard. I have noticed that when you configure a popup in the new map viewer, these changes are not reflected in other items that display attributes. ie - what you see in the detail panel does not reflect the changes you made to the popup.

How does one control fields/alias' etc... for attribute display in new web map viewer?

Thank you,

Randy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you say "detail panel", are you talking about a dashboard? Or one of the configurable apps? Or something else? I see you did specify that, I'm sorry. I should ask, in your dashboard, are you pulling in the layer directly, or via a map?

Adjusting attribute displays in the new map viewer are done outside of the popup, in its own section of the right toolbar.

jcarlson_0-1674486352083.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you say "detail panel", are you talking about a dashboard? Or one of the configurable apps? Or something else? I see you did specify that, I'm sorry. I should ask, in your dashboard, are you pulling in the layer directly, or via a map?

Adjusting attribute displays in the new map viewer are done outside of the popup, in its own section of the right toolbar.

jcarlson_0-1674486352083.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you. That's good. Also (I just discovered) when you open a table in new map viewer and select the gear, you get an option to control field-visibility. This does control what appears in a dashboard detail panel as well. Separating popups from other table views makes a lot sense.

RandyMcGregor3_1-1674486893667.png

RandyMcGregor3_2-1674486923346.png

0 Kudos