Multiple Machine Deployment Licensing

Jump to solution
04-17-2015 08:19 AM
Leandro-Zamudio
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

I have a question about how many licenses of ArcGIS for Server Enterprise i need to deploy a GIS platform based on 3 scenarios. I'm planning to use Server Standard

Scenario A :

• One 4-core server to deploy ArcGIS for Server w/web adaptor
  • One SQL Server Cluster (Three Servers with AlwaysOn) to enable one Enterprise Geodatabase.

Do i need another license to enable the Enterprise Geodatabase?

Scenario B:

• One 4-core server to deploy ArcGIS for Server
  • One 4-core server to deploy Web Adaptor to be configured with the AGS Server
  • One SQL Server Cluster (Three Servers with AlwaysOn) to enable two Enterprise Geodatabases

I Know that i don't need another license for web adaptor but do i need another license to enable the second EGDB?

Scenario C:

• Two 4-core server to deploy ArcGIS for Server as a cluster
  • One 4-core server to deploy Web Adaptor to be configured with the AGS Servers
  • One SQL Server Cluster (Three Servers with AlwaysOn) to enable two Enterprise Geodatabases

Greetings and thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Leandro,

Scenario A:

You will not need another license

Scenario B:

You will not need another license.  You can enable multiple EGDBs across multiple servers.

Scenario C:

You will need another ArcGIS for Server license.  ArcGIS for Server is licensed per 4 cores.  Since you have two 4-core servers, you will need two licenses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Leandro,

Scenario A:

You will not need another license

Scenario B:

You will not need another license.  You can enable multiple EGDBs across multiple servers.

Scenario C:

You will need another ArcGIS for Server license.  ArcGIS for Server is licensed per 4 cores.  Since you have two 4-core servers, you will need two licenses.

Leandro-Zamudio
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer Jake. About that i have another question...

I'm starting a new business and i'd like to offer a Geodatabase PaaS to Small and Mid Business who can't afford an ArcGIS for Server and/or need a multiuser Geodatabase.

I'd like to know if there's some restrictions (License, Legal) to deploy a service like this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leandro, when starting to talk about licensing restriction specifics, you should talk to your "local" esri rep or distributor.  As users, we can give you help on suggestions like your original questions, but the licensing rules and restrictions like that is between you and esri and can vary come (e.g. education vs. Enterprise License Agreements, etc).  And in Chili, rules may also be different than US. 

Sorry for the non-answer, but specifics like that can't/shouldn't be answered by the users.