Missing Capabilities in the Service Editor window?

06-20-2013 11:23 AM
BettyLing
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm missing a step or something...so, hope someone can guide me to the right direction here....

Two questions:
1) I was wondering why in my Service Window I only get Feature Access?

I am missing Mapping, KML, etc....?

So, when I publish my mxds and log into http://server/arcgis/rest/services, I only get "FeatureServer" listed and not "Mapserver"?

2) Also, everytime I try to Create Map Server Cache, I get "ERROR 001195: Could not connect to the caching service on server. The caching GP may not be running on server.

When I checked under the GIS Servers, in the System folder, I can only see "Publishing Tools". I have double-checked and in C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput\System, there are CachingTools_GPServer, PublishingTool_GPServer, and ReportingTool_GPServer....

So, how come these tools are not available on myServer and only the publishing tool?

Thanks in advance!
Betty.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Betty,

What's your license level for ArcGIS Server?

At the basic level, you'd only get Feature Services and Geodata Services. I'm unsure if that's related to your caching question though.

Randall
0 Kudos
BettyLing
New Contributor
Hi Randall,

This is what I found in the 10.1 license file...looks like it is ArcGIS Server - Advanced license:

arcsdeserver,101
svrenterprise,101
arcgisserver,101
schematicssvr,101
capacitysvr_4,101
svradvanced,101

Note: ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 is currently Advanced (60 day trial)

Betty
0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor
The advanced license should give you everything. I've heard of cases where this was due to some kind of issues in the config-store. I'd recommend starting an incident with Esri support to have this looked into.
0 Kudos
BrandonPlewe1
New Contributor III

I'm having the exact same problem on several computers, and we're trying to publish to ArcGIS Online, not our own server, so licensing can't be the problem. Plus, the problem is that Mapping (i.e., dynamic map service) is not showing up. That is the core capability, not an advanced one that would require an extra license.

We're using 10.2.2.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

If you're publishing a hosted service from ArcGIS Desktop to ArcGIS.com, there are only two options: Feature Services and Tiled Services.

See:

About hosted web layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS : types of hosted web layers.

0 Kudos