Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Viewer not honoring "view" legend

01-10-2024 04:57 AM
DougZietz1
New Contributor III

Context: I am using Enterprise 11.1 and trying to build a map for a dashboard where the data (xlsx) for the feature service is only updated on a weekly basis but needs to be slightly modified in order to have a few calculated fields. I am simplifying the workflow by creating a script that will automatically do all this using sedfs. This layer needs to be broken down into multiple layers for visual/data exploration purposes in a dashboard which is part of the reason for the new field calculations.

My initial thought was to just create the single feature service with one layer and then use views to basically apply a definition query so that I could use the one service to break my desired groups out by attribute while also keeping the unified dataset intact. This all works up until I need to provide a legend. Instead of showing only the things that are in the definition query, it shows everything for each layer. I can get around this in Pro by using a definition query and then removing the items from the symbology manually but that isn't an option in Map Viewer. 

Is there a way to do this without having to publishing a multi-layer service? Is this a bug/feature/planned enhancement? I also have symbology that isn't supported in Map Viewer Classic so I haven't even looked at that and can't use it anyway.

0 Kudos
0 Replies