Map Service Will Not Publish!

Jump to solution
03-22-2016 07:20 PM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

Running 10.2.2

i have have been publishing services all day to Server Machine A and then from Machine A to Server Machine B. No all of a sudden i get that dreaded ERROR 001639..."Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed. ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service."

i did look at the logs for the publishing tools and noticed that it threw out and error for all the layers associated with Imagery as "invalid" im not sure sure what is meant by invalid.

dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveTenney

found the problem...

somehow, most likely me , one of the data source paths for imagery got changed and caused the publishing failure.

found the issue and fixed...service is now published!

dave

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Dave,

When you are publishing your map, I presume it is from ArcMap? Also, when publishing, do you have a basemap loaded into your table of contents? If you are not wanting to publish this basemap (and likely you do not want to), then remove the basemap before publishing (don't just turn it off, remove it from your TOC).

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

yes i am publishing in ArcMAP.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Dave, is there a chance that you have a basemap in your table of contents (even unchecked) when you are publishing?

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

no basemap, the mxd had already been published to one server instance(machine A) and I'm now trying to publish to another instance(Machine B)

I have all the data in place on both machines, data shares set up, data stores set up...

here is a screenshot of the log, it keeps pointing back at imagery layers as invalid, maybe this will help(see attachment)

davepublish failure+log.JPG

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

found the problem...

somehow, most likely me , one of the data source paths for imagery got changed and caused the publishing failure.

found the issue and fixed...service is now published!

dave

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

That's always a huge relief! Glad it is working for you!