Locked Services After Web Adapter restart

Jump to solution
02-07-2017 04:00 PM
jordanparfitt1
New Contributor III

I have an ArcGIS Server cluster with four servers on it. After restarting the boxes the services are all in the locked state (even the default sample cities service), but within a few minutes/seconds it restores every service to the locked/unlocked state I had set before the restart. 

One of the four boxes never updates, it has all the services locked (even the default sample cities service). When I unlock the sample cities (or any service) it syncs with the other three servers.

Does anyone have experience with this? Why doesn't the one sync with the others on restart?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What version are you using?  There was a bug in earlier versions where if the Server machines lost connection to the config-store and directories, services would appear as locked.  If your servers are taking time to reach the config-store and you're on these earlier versions, that may be it.  I'm not totally sure which version it was fixed in.

0 Kudos
jordanparfitt1
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response. I'm using 10.2.2. Was a patch ever put out? or is it just time to upgrade?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

This is fixed at 10.3, so you can upgrade to avoid it.  I'm not sure if a patch is available.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

We're still on 10.2.2 and haven't had this issue (at least not yet).  For patches that have been released for 10.2.x

Esri Support 10.2 (10.2.1, 10.2.2) 

You may want to look through them all to see if any are relevant until you have time to  upgrade.

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor