Linux Cleanup of service definition files in /arcgis/.local/share/Trash/files

03-13-2013 07:27 AM
MeadeTurner
New Contributor
Can anyone provide me with any information on this directory?  The size of this directory is extremely large and needs to be purged on occasion.  Are there any built-in functions that remove these files or do you need to remove yourself.  It appears as though these files are meant to be put into a Windows directory for deleting but this cannot happen on Linux.  I say this because the path references a "dosdevice" directory within the .wine runtime framework.  Here is an example file I am referring to:

ags_user@webapps.test.dir.census.gov:-->/apps/arcgis/.local/share/Trash/info $ more *
::::::::::::::
Arabic.sd-1.trashinfo
::::::::::::::
[Trash Info]
Path=/apps/arcgis/server/framework/runtime/.wine/dosdevices/z:/apps/arcgis/server/usr/directories/arcgissystem/arcgisinput/Language/Arabic.MapServer/Arabic.sd
DeletionDate=2013-03-01T07:42:15
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I believe that directory essentially acts like a recycle bin in a Windows OS. Deleted files will stay there until you manually (and permanently) delete them. I would guess that those .sd files are for services that you deleted at some point.

If the .sd files in your trash directory are very large, I would guess it is because you published a large amount of data and copied it to the server when publishing, rather than accessing it from a registered data source.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos