Licensing For Physical Failover Servers

10-24-2019 12:24 PM
Occasional Contributor III

My company is upgrading our system architecture. We are looking at putting in failover servers. We are also looking at acquiring ArcGIS Enterprise with ArcGIS Pro and Portal.

Regarding failover servers, we are currently planning on setting them up as active/passive. It is my understanding that Esri has a Failover License specifically for the this purpose. Does the license change based upon what version of ArcGIS Enterprise is used?

If, in the future, we decide to switch from active/passive to active/active, how easy is it to change the license? What license would be needed?

Is there any other additional hardware or software that would be needed for failover servers? Sockets? Cores?

0 Replies