Layers in Published map are INVALID

Jump to solution
09-22-2015 12:12 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I have a published map service in ArcGIS server 10.0 sp5 that is tossing an error.  I added an addtional layer to the existing mxd, saved it and restarted the service.  Now I get this:

This is a list of every feature class in the mxd.  Not sure what to make of it. It worked prior to me adding the additional feature class...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I had used a mapped drive for the data source; I changed it to a unc path \\servername\myFileGeodatabase\featureclass..  and that solved it. Not sure how/why it ever worked before.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I had used a mapped drive for the data source; I changed it to a unc path \\servername\myFileGeodatabase\featureclass..  and that solved it. Not sure how/why it ever worked before.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

...my guess is you changed drive letters from the original.....that's why it worked before.    But my guess, is you already figured that out.  If the datasource was ok when you published, it was ok until you changed the MXD and republished.

FYI - I too am starting to use UNC for all my data connections....helps when switching between machines/users that have it mapped to different letters.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

We did have a network hicup today, and I suspect that was the root of it. At my other client site all I use is unc paths. Should gave known...