Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with geoprocessing service after upgrading to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3

3 weeks ago
GISFunctionalGroup
New Contributor III

Hi Team,
Recently we've upgraded our ArcGIS Enterprise platform from 11.2 to 11.3, after the upgrade one of the geoprocessing services is not functioning and  giving the attached error.

Before the upgrade, this GP service is working fine. (We've checked the ArcGIS server Logs it shows the GP service was working, Kindly find the attached screenshots for your references).

All the server certificates are placed in it's respective ArcGIS Components. Any Assistance/idea would be highly appreciated.

Regards

GIS Functional Group

2 Replies
NicolasGIS
Regular Contributor

Hi @GISFunctionalGroup ,

We faced the exact same issue. We are running on Windows and all our serveurs have a custom CA certificate deployed on our Windows store. Before (at 11.1) it worked fine. I guess it was retrieving it 'automagically' from Windows store but following the upgrade, we faced the same issue.

Don't know if it related to Python version upgrade or to "requests" library upgrade but we fixed it by specifying the path to CA_CERT in 'requests' :

requests.post(execute_URL, data, verify=MY_CA_PATH)

another solution is have an environement variable 'REQUESTS_CA_BUNDLE' specifying the path on your ArcGIS Server machines but be aware that it will apply to all requests even to the 'official' CA so you would need it add the default store in addition to the custom one.

Nicolas

0 Kudos
GISFunctionalGroup
New Contributor III

Thanks Nicolas for the responses, We've tried the"verify=MY_CA_PATH" in the request even though we have got the same error.

We have found another workaround that is manually exported the cacert file in the root folder from ArcGIS server Vm then the GP service is fectching/working without any error.

Regards

GIS Functional group

0 Kudos