Is SQL Server 2019 compatible with ArcGIS enterprise 10.6.1 ?

09-13-2020 03:06 AM
shamnasPC
New Contributor III

Is SQL Server 2019 compatible with ArcGIS enterprise 10.6.1 ? 

Having the following error everyday after the auto recycling of map services.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
shamnaspc2
New Contributor

Has anyone faced similar issue ? we having this issue everyday after the map service recycling, and restring the service is fixing the issue temporarily

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Here is the supported list of SQL Server versions for ArcGIS 10.6.x; Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.6.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.1 and 2.2—System Requi... 

I do not see SQL Server 2019 on the list.

Geodatabase

--- George T.
shamnaspc2
New Contributor

Thanks George Thompson‌ for your response. 
Do you aware if anyone using this combination of SQL2019 and ArcGIS enterprise 10.6.1, and facing the issue as I mentioned above ?

Greatly appreciate if you could provide any information on this. I would like to know if the mentioned combination is leading to the cause of this issue.

Thanks Again

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I am not aware of that combination. You also have to remember that SQL Server 2019 was released less than a year ago (11/4/2019 - SQL Server 2019 is now generally available - SQL Server Blog ) and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 was released over 2 years ago (July 17, 2018 - Esri Support ArcGIS Server 10.6 (10.6.1))

I am not sure how it "could" be compatible as SQL Server was not released at that time.

I would try to get on a supported SQL Server version of ArcGIS 10.6.1 and re-test. Trying to troubleshoot this may lead to lots of wasted time due to version incompatibility. 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
shamnaspc2
New Contributor

Thank you for your response, kindly let me know if you get any other information on this

0 Kudos