Installing a Server Extension (SOE)

Jump to solution
07-07-2015 01:20 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm trying to install a custom 3rd party extension (xxx.soe) through server manager on a Standard Enterprise Instance version 10.2.2.  I have created a site user within an administrator role.  However, when I try to install the .soe it does not install.  It just sits there with an hour glass for as long as I leave it (1 hour +).  I emailed the .soe back to the developer and he can install the exact copy I can't.

Is there something painfully obvious that I might be missing?

That should just about do it....
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErinBrimhall
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Joe,

Typically when I've seen the UI hang-up during SOE registration it was because the web browser security was preventing active scripting.  Try loosening up your browser/scripting security and see if that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ErinBrimhall

Hi Joe,

Typically when I've seen the UI hang-up during SOE registration it was because the web browser security was preventing active scripting.  Try loosening up your browser/scripting security and see if that helps.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Erin-  when I get back to the client site I'll give that a try and report back.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Erin-  I shut down IE Enhanced Security options as detailed in the help.  But now when I double click the .soe file, I get a dialogue that asks me to Open, Save or Save As. It doesn't appear to want to install....

Edited a few minutes later....

Total user error.  I was trying to double click on the .soe file.  Duh...  Once I remembered to go back to server manager, it installed no problem.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
ErinBrimhall

Excellent, glad you got this working!

0 Kudos