Select to view content in your preferred language

ImageService Unsupported Capability Error

02-26-2015 07:49 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello-

I'm constantly receiving the generic error:

Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80004005 : Unspecified error.

The requested capability is not supported.

On both my dynamic and cached image services, reported in the Server logs as a SEVERE.  How can I determine which capapbility this error is referring to when I've already dis-allowed all capabilities?

Background:

Our image services are sourced from mosaic datasets residing in a file gdb that in turn resides in my registered data store directory.  The source rasters (tifs) are in a SAN share that is also a registered location.  In the Service Editor, under Capabilites WCS and WMS are not allowed. 

Under Imaging, Image and Metadata are the only allowed Operations.

Under Parameters>Catalog Raster metadata level is set to basic. 

Download number of items is set to 0 per request as I am not allowing downloads.

Mensuration methods is set to None.

Function allows client specified rendering rules.

Editing Allowed types for add is set to Raster Dataset for Basic Types.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
6 Replies
StuartFletcher1
New Contributor III

I assume your using a version of ArcGIS Server other than 10.3. This was a bug resolved in the latest release (should make the logs a bit more usefull!)

Cheers,

Stuart

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Stuart,  no I am at 10.3 I apolgize for not including my release info

0 Kudos
DeeO_Driscoll
New Contributor

Just wondering if upgrading to ArcServer 10.4 resolved this issue?  I'm getting a similar error message when I try to cache an image service but it's with 10.2.

We can upgrade but it will mean upgrading several servers and I want to be more sure that it will resolve my issue before going ahead with it.

Thanks,

Dee

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dee - yes I think upgrading to 10.4 solved things.  I kinda left this alone as basic performance was never impacted and so I've ignored this for some time.  We are at 10.4.1 now and in looking at the logs on my image services I am no longer seeing the error-

David

0 Kudos
EricPfirman
New Contributor III

I am seeing the error at 10.5.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

My dev environment is at 10.5, I have a 2017 Image Service under load and am not seeing the error.

0 Kudos