I cant register Web Adaptor to my ArcGIS Server

03-14-2014 08:15 AM
RodolfoMoreno1
New Contributor II
Hi all,
I have installed the ArcGIS Server 10.2.1 on Windows 7 without problem.
Next I tried install the web adaptor 10.2.1 on windows server 2003 R2 SP2 32 bits using the installer provided by ESRI but I got an error that I solved it by using line command install options:
msiexec /I D:\SetupFiles\setup.msi WEBSITE_ID=1 VDIRNAME=serviciosgis /qb
The installation process finished succesfully. Next I loaded the web adaptor page and I selected "Config ArcServer" and then I got the following error:
"HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable"
As additional information these servers are inside of a LAN which an proxy is configured.
I hope someone could help me. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
I know in 10.1 this was sometimes due to application pool being set to 4.0 .net framework.  Check that and switch to 2.0
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Also try changing  ArcGISWebAdaptorAppPool application pool Identity to Local System
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
I have installed the ArcGIS Server 10.2.1 on Windows 7 without problem.
Next I tried install the web adaptor 10.2.1 on windows server 2003 R2 SP2 32 bits

You are working your way into an unsupported (and likely incompatible) configuration.  Windows Server 2003 (R1 or R2) is not a supported operating system for the 10.2.1 Web Adaptor.  Also, keep in mind that ArcGIS Server requires a 64-bit operating system; 32-bit operating systems are not supported.  Maybe your Win 7 OS is a 64-bit, which works I think, but just in case it's 32-bit I wanted to remind you of this. 

Sources:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//017s00000047000000
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.2/index.html#//015100000072000000

I suggest that you install AGS and the Web Adaptor in an environment that meets the system requirements before attempting to troubleshoot the issues you described.
0 Kudos
RodolfoMoreno1
New Contributor II
Thanks to all.
Bubba I already did what you mentioned without success.
William ,
I had reviewed the following link about web adaptor:
http://resources.arcgis.com/es/help/arcgis-server-web-adaptor-for-iis-help/10.2/index.html#//01n1000...
It says that web adaptor 10.2 is supported by server 2003 standard SP2 but in the link that you sent me windows 2003 is not mentionated.
Which of the two links should we believe?

Best Regards,
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Thanks to all.
Bubba I already did what you mentioned without success.
William ,
I had reviewed the following link about web adaptor:
http://resources.arcgis.com/es/help/arcgis-server-web-adaptor-for-iis-help/10.2/index.html#//01n1000...
It says that web adaptor 10.2 is supported by server 2003 standard SP2 but in the link that you sent me windows 2003 is not mentionated.
Which of the two links should we believe?

Best Regards,

Hi Rodolfo,
    You said in the beginning your were installing on windows server 2003 R2 SP2 32 bits. I think that you maybe hitting this because you are R2. I am Windows 2008 R2. I have to notice if my R2 is supported also. They are listed separately in whether they are supported or not in the lists.
Hope this helps,
Janie
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Hi Rodolfo,
    I am reading the system requirements in preparing for my upgrade to 10.2.1. The real show stopper for you maybe the 32 bit operating system. Check this out:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/install-guides/arcgis-server/10.2/index.html#/System_requirement...

ArcGIS Server:
System requirements

Supported operating systems

Support will no longer be provided for 32-bit operating systems. The ArcGIS for Server setup will only proceed if the operating system is 64 bit.

The 64-bit operating systems below satisfy the minimum operating system requirements:
�?�Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Datacenter
�?�Windows Server 2012 Standard and Datacenter
�?�Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter
�?�Windows Server 2008 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter
�?�Windows 8.1 Professional and Enterprise
�?�Windows 8 Professional and Enterprise
�?�Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise, Professional, Home Premium

Hope this helps,
Janie
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
I would call Esri technical support to see which link is correct for the 10.2.1 web adaptor regarding use with 2003 R1 or R2, but I don't believe that is a supported configuration.  In fact, I don't think the web adaptor OR ArcGIS for Server is supported for any 2003 OS since it's not listed among the other operating systems; I think it's simply too old.  That's the reason I think the link I provided is correct.  Even Microsoft is discontinuing support for 2003 (R1 or R2) in mid-2015.  As I already pointed out (which Janie repeated), 64-bit OS is required for ArcGIS for Sever now.  Remember to up vote helpful answers and to mark the correct answer with the green check.
0 Kudos