How to resolve the conflict between two layer labels?

02-09-2017 12:21 AM
rawansaleh1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

Despite the fact that all labels placement methods and styles was tried ArcMap still fails to resolve the conflict between two layers labels?

In my case, I have two layers (the built-up area) and (well-known Sites). And I am using maplex engine I tried all placement and position changing procedures, but unfortunately the labels still have clashes between them as shown in the screenshots below:

Please feel free to test the sample of data attached. 

kindly find the following

I use ArcMap 10.5, i need the scale of mxd layout to be 1:15000

I'm applying the data driven on my mxd, you can find example on  the conflict in  page 1-2 in data driven pages.

Thanks in advance

Rawan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm not getting the conflict when using only the two layers provided with your sample data.

I got this result just by setting the Conflict Resolution values.  I suspect your roads and streams layers to have an influence on the labelling results.

0 Kudos
rawansaleh1

Dear FC Basson,

Thank you for your answer. kindly try to re check the mxd, especially in page 1 & 2 in data driven pages to see the conflict.

Best Regards

Rawan

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

If you can post me a version 10.2 MXD copy I can check it.

0 Kudos
rawansaleh1

i updated the mxd, you can check it.

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

I've copied the label parameters from the layers in my example MXD to your layers and it seems to work.  Please check the attached MXD.

0 Kudos
rawansaleh1

Dear FC Basson,

I checked your mxd and it’s working fine.

Did you apply any setting on your mxd to get this result?

Best,

Rawan

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

No not really.  I must admit I'm not 100% sure why your labelling parameters did not work properly.  I made some minor changes to the labelling in a clean MXD until it worked, then copied the working layers to your MXD and applied the correct layers styles to your layers' labelling styles.

0 Kudos
rawansaleh1

Dear FC Basson,

Actually, I need to apply the labeling on more than 22000 record, in some places its working fine and in other is not.

So, I’m looking for a generic method to label all feature in the same way but without any conflict

Best,

Rawan

0 Kudos