How do I name my Web Adaptor if using Java/Tomcat

Jump to solution
10-10-2017 12:08 PM
cemarcemar
New Contributor

Hello,

I am wondering how to actually *name* a web adaptor (i want to change the default "arcgis" like say to http://server.localdomain/arcgisfoo/webadaptor) if i am using the Java/Tomcat version? In IIS it is a variable in the installation process but all the help docs and "discussions" I am not finding any answers for the Java version.

i am using version 10.4.1

thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

When the web adaptor installs, it just extracts the files assocated with it. All you need to do is copy the arcgis.war and rename. Your application server (I'm coming from a Tomcat perspective) will extract the .war and create an application called whatever the .war is called. For instance:

cp /home/arcgis/arcgis/webadaptor/arcgis.war /app/apache_tomcat_location/webapps/portal.war

Basically, I copy arcgis.war twice to make portal.war and server.war, then copy those into the /webapps directory in Tomcat.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

When the web adaptor installs, it just extracts the files assocated with it. All you need to do is copy the arcgis.war and rename. Your application server (I'm coming from a Tomcat perspective) will extract the .war and create an application called whatever the .war is called. For instance:

cp /home/arcgis/arcgis/webadaptor/arcgis.war /app/apache_tomcat_location/webapps/portal.war

Basically, I copy arcgis.war twice to make portal.war and server.war, then copy those into the /webapps directory in Tomcat.

cemarcemar
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos