How can I Update my cache?

12-14-2015 08:22 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have a map service cache created in ArcGIS server 10.2. My cache has 78 municipalities and one of these changed so I need to update my cache. Now I have Server 10.3. My method to update was create a second service, select the scales and create the cache for the scales that wanted to modify. Copy the L01 folder from my new cache service and overwrite it to my original cache folder service. Now, it seems that the cache files changed and my cache from 10.2 version do not read my 10.3 cache version.

My question is, is it possible to update just the area I want from my 10.2 cache? How can I update it?

Thanks for your help!

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Diego,

The information on the following page may answer your question:

Compatibility of ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Server with earlier versions—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | Ar...

You can use a 10.0 cache just registering the cache directory, but when you begin updating a part of the cache I think you should upgrade the whole cache.

Richard

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are using the compact format, the format changed.  See if you can "expand/explode" the .bundlex that was created in 10.3.x....or better yet, create the the L01 as non-compact to begin with,  then maybe import it to 10.2.  Although the 10.3 compact version does reduce the number of files and reduces the space on disk, it is not backwards compatible. 

0 Kudos