How can I prevent this error from being logged?

06-16-2019 03:46 PM
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III

How can I prevent this error from continuously being logged in my 10.7.1 Enterprise GIS Portal?

Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Marc, just to double check - have you indeed reached the maximum number of Creator user types in your organization? 

If so, you are likely running into a known issue with 10.7.x. If all licenses for a user type have been assigned, these WARNING-level log entries will appear whenever somebody logs into the portal. This is something that we consider to be a bug, and will be fixed in the next release.

0 Kudos
MarcGraham2

Yes we had reached our limit.

Thanks for the heads up. Will this be addressed in 10.7.1 or a patch?

0 Kudos
ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Marc, This issue is still present in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1, and while we don't currently have plans for a patch at this time, it will be addressed for the release following 10.7.1. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
MarcGraham2

Thomas Edghill wrote:

Hi Marc, This issue is still present in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1, and while we don't currently have plans for a patch at this time, it will be addressed for the release following 10.7.1. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Thomas

Not really haha.  So we probably have almost a year of this bug filling up our logs and potentially obscuring more important issues.  If we want to connect monitoring software to ArcGIS enterprise logs we will need to manually filter for this.

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

I have a BUG Number for this error you are getting - 

1. BUG-000123116

"The maximum number of licensed user types for user type XXXX has been reached." WARNING-level log messages appear in Portal 10.7.x logs if 100% of a user type is allocated, and users log into the portal.