Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted Feature Layers not appearing in web map

04-20-2023 08:08 AM
NeilPennanen_dnr
Occasional Contributor

Using version 10.91 of Portal/Enterprise. I am trying to add a recently created hosted feature layer to a web map in Portal. I have six hosted feature layers, each generated using existing HFLs as templates.

When I add them to a web map, three of them show up and seem to work fine. The other three are not added to the contents and none of the data is accessible. There is no error produced or any pop-up box that indicates there was a problem loading the HFL - they are just not there. I don't know if I made an error in how these layers were created?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SteveCole
Honored Contributor

Have you looked at the Network tab in your browser's developer's Tools? Are there requests to the layers in question and are those requests returning any results?

I had a situation awhile ago where I had an existing app and someone told me that only some features were now displaying. I had made no changes to the data so I was really perplexed. In my situation, I was using a custom symbol (uploaded to one of our servers and referenced via custom symbol URL) and for some reason, that request to the symbol was no longer getting fulfilled. I eventually discovered that the features *were* getting displayed but the symbol wasn't loading so if you knew where a feature was, you could click on it and still get a popup. My eventual fix was to re-specify the custom symbol inside the web map and then the features finally re-displayed.

Not sure if that's what you're experiencing but it's something to cross off the list.

Steve

0 Kudos