Select to view content in your preferred language

Hidden attributes

04-05-2023 06:36 AM
Labels (2)
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a web map which field workers are using in the field to view and update hydrant information. In the map is a hydrant web service layer which the hydrants show up fine in the map but the attributes are missing. When I right click the layer to open the table, the attributes are not there which tells me they are hidden but they show up in the pop up in the map. I also noticed that when I bring the layer into the map the layer comes in with the attributes already hidden. I have been looking online for a tutorial to show which setting controls this but can't find an answer. Can anybody help me with this or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

You could try to go to the Item Details Page of the web service and open the visualization tab. Then open the attribute table and click the settings symbol. There you can set visibility of the fields. When you have made your changes save them and it will become the default settings for your layer.

AndreasHall_0-1680702773090.png

There are som technical support articles on the subject altough they do not cover exactly what you are asking for:

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

The web layer I am trying to access is hosted on ArcGIS Server and when I try to click on the layer to open the details page for it, it opens the REST services directory page which doesn't have a visualization tab. Is there something in the REST services directory that controls whether the attributes are hidden or visible in an attribute table?

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Are you trying to access it through the portal? Go to the Content tab in your portal and try to find the service that includes the layer there.

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for your help with this issue I am having. I've got working what I was trying to do which was getting the attributes to display in the Field Maps web map. 

I will try to see if I can do what you suggested to see if that will show the attributes in the table. 

Thanks

0 Kudos