Has anyone successfully installed ArcGIS Server 10.3 on Windows 2016?

09-13-2017 06:02 AM
ArieHoogendoorn
New Contributor

I am trying to install ArcGIS server 10.3 on a Windows 2016 server.   The server configuration utility would not run after the installation.  

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JamesKorath
New Contributor

Thanks Randall Williams EmployeeJayanta Poddar Champion, for the advice and I was able to bring the server manager up.  It works better with Chrome as opposed to IE.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Ah, I'm wondering if this issue might have been related to ArcGIS Server Enhanced Security Configuration (IEESC).

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd883248(v=ws.10).aspx

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you have a chance to view ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Server system requirements—Installation Guides (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Serv... ? Always a good practice to check the prerequisites before proceeding with the installation.

Sometimes the products might work irrespective of it being certified by Esri, but if something goes wrong, the first guess would be the incompatibility issue regarding the system requirements.

Maybe you could downgrade the OS to Windows Server 2012 or upgrade your ArcGIS Server Install to 10.5.x (or install ArcGIS Server 10.3 in a different machine with a compatible configuration).

Think Location
0 Kudos
TadHammer1
New Contributor II

Hi Arie-
Were you able to get 10.3.1 installed on Windows 2016 and has it been successful?
Thanks!
Tad
City of Greeley, Colorado

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Tad Hammer‌ - 

a. I've been successful installing 10.3.1 on Win2016 but...

b. Why? Do you have legacy dependencies? At a minimum, I'd go with 10.4.1 (prefer 10.7/10.7.1)

I ask because 10.3.1 is in Mature support, meaning no new patches are being released.

https://support.esri.com/en/Products/Enterprise/arcgis-server/ArcGIS-Server/10-7#product-support

0 Kudos
TadHammer1
New Contributor II

Hi Randall Williams,

Sorry for the delay, but we have legacy software requiring us to be on 10.3 until we can get it upgraded.

As for the end of life support.  It always somewhat confuses me because companies tend to either update their support or like Microsoft call it "Extended support". 

Thanks for getting back with me!
Tad

0 Kudos