GP Service Not Retrieving Appended Records

Jump to solution
05-11-2015 06:55 AM
FrankMelton
New Contributor

I have GP Service that executes a select by attribute using a date range criteria. The feature class it references is appended with new records weekly. The GP services will not retrieve the appended records when it is executed. It does not return an error on execution it simply returns 0 records. It will still only retrieve records from the date ranges available when the table was initially populated.

The model  that was used to develop the GP Service will retrieve the records when run from ArcMap. The feature class displays all the records in ArcMap and select by attribute for the appended records will work. The records can also be queried fro SQL Server directly.

Any guidance or help on what may be causing this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Frank,

I had a very similar problem.  This occurs when publishing the geoprocessing script.  In my case it was copying the data to the service directory instead of using the SQL Server connection set in the data store.  Check to see if the data is being copied into the service directory.

Regards,

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Frank,

I had a very similar problem.  This occurs when publishing the geoprocessing script.  In my case it was copying the data to the service directory instead of using the SQL Server connection set in the data store.  Check to see if the data is being copied into the service directory.

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Frank,

Here is the geonet post that might help explain your problem:

Python geoprocessing script published as service doesn't use the Data Store

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
FrankMelton
New Contributor

Absolutely right. Changed the connection type and re-published the service and everything worked correctly. Thanks for you help on this!

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Frank,

Excellent!  Glad that was the solution!

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos