GP Service - Enabled parameter not showing

Jump to solution
05-30-2017 03:22 AM
GavinCollins
New Contributor

I have published a Geoprocessing Service based on a modifed version of ArcMap's 'Extract Data Task' found within the Server Tools toolbox.

All of my enabled parameters are showing apart from one when I open the GP tool within ArcMap

This parameter is to input a folder location.

Hoping someone can enlighten me as to why this is occuring.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

A folder is a non-transportable dataset, which will be set as a constant when the task is published, so you won't see it as an available input option.

• Non-transportable datasets are anything other than features, rasters, tables, and files. There are two categories of non-transportable datasets.
    • Complex datasets are datasets such as geometric networks, network datasets, topologies, TINs, and so on. These data types are known as complex datasets because they model complex relationships between simple features.
    • Container datasets are items such as folders, file and personal geodatabases, and map documents (.mxd). These data types contain a mixed collection of other datasets—hence their name, containers.
    Complex datasets and container datasets are non-transportable and do not support the User defined value input mode.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

A folder is a non-transportable dataset, which will be set as a constant when the task is published, so you won't see it as an available input option.

• Non-transportable datasets are anything other than features, rasters, tables, and files. There are two categories of non-transportable datasets.
    • Complex datasets are datasets such as geometric networks, network datasets, topologies, TINs, and so on. These data types are known as complex datasets because they model complex relationships between simple features.
    • Container datasets are items such as folders, file and personal geodatabases, and map documents (.mxd). These data types contain a mixed collection of other datasets—hence their name, containers.
    Complex datasets and container datasets are non-transportable and do not support the User defined value input mode.