Filtering an image service in Portal for ArcGIS

04-27-2018 12:54 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is going to have to start out somewhat vague. I have an image service made from a data mosaic with four images in it. I built overviews, statistics and pyramids and shared it as an image service.

Everything about the image service appears fine, but it will not allow me to filter it in the map viewer.

I can access the filter, but it just doesn't "work." For example, I cannot select the "Unique" option to get a list of values from the "Name" field. This is crucial, since the users won't know the names and will need to choose from a dropdown.

I did enter "OBJECTID" is 1 because I know that should isolate the first raster. It won't go. It gets stuck and never completes.

So, there's something wrong, but I simply don't know where to start figure out what the issue is. There is nothing unusual about this image server and I've gotten no error messages any step of the way.

Any assistance getting pointed in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Take a look at the network traffic using the dev tools or Fiddler. Every time you deselect or select an image to filter, it should be a new exportImage request:

The exportImage request will have a mosaic rule to determine how the image will display:

http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/CharlotteLAS/ImageServer/exportImage?f=im... 

If those requests aren't completing or there are console errors, then that's likely why nothing is updating.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. I have gotten the filter in web app builder to work on this image service.

0 Kudos