Federated GeoEvent Default Connection

Jump to solution
09-19-2019 10:17 PM
JordanKing3
New Contributor III

Hey All,

We have a federated GeoEvent Server @ 10.6.1 and I'm trying to set the default connection to the Portal, to use the built-in Portal admin account, not one of our Active Directory admin accounts.

All our Enterprise authentication uses AD and IWA, however, for this I would like to use the built-in, so as not to store a specific users details in the connection.

We just get an invalid credentials error on the connection once we try and use the built-in account. As soon as I switch it to one of our admin AD accounts, it works as expected.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jill_es
Esri Contributor

What you're encountering is expected behavior.  Anytime you go make a request through a Web Adaptor set up with IWA, IIS is going to prompt for authentication.  You could consider making a headless AD account to work around this but that, of course, depends on your organization's policies.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jill_es
Esri Contributor

What you're encountering is expected behavior.  Anytime you go make a request through a Web Adaptor set up with IWA, IIS is going to prompt for authentication.  You could consider making a headless AD account to work around this but that, of course, depends on your organization's policies.  

0 Kudos
JordanKing3
New Contributor III

Thanks Jill Edstrom

0 Kudos