Failed to start the server machine - illegal access

04-03-2020 10:38 PM
MarianneCaouette1
New Contributor

Hello Forum,

My installation of arcgis server 10.8 was working just fine. I am investigating what could have happened but suddenly my it stopped working and in the log under arcgisserver I am getting repeatedly this message.

<Msg time="2020-04-04T01:30:06,280" type="SEVERE" code="6550" source="Admin" process="12820" thread="1" methodName="" machine="APELADC01.APEL.DOM" user="" elapsed="" requestID="">Failed to start the server machine 'APELADC01.APEL.DOM'. Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [akka.actor.LocalActorRefProvider]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.</Msg>

If I try to connect to the server manager the browser says that "This page can’t be displayed"

any help to resolve the issue. I reinstalled also arcGIS server but it did not change the problem.

Thanks in advance

Giancarlo

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Marianne Caouette‌,

Can we please know the following:

• Operating System
  • Is there any other installed Esri apps?
  • IIS or Tomcat

It would also help if you could reboot the server, try and load the page and then provide a dump of all the log files after startup. I'm thinking there would be a chain of events that is cullminating in that error that we would see in other logs. It would be best to set the log level to verbose while we try and fix this issue.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.