Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed 10.3.1 upgrade - Urgent

11-06-2015 04:43 PM
AlistairFox
Occasional Contributor

All,

I've upgraded a site from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1. Done this previously with a site and all went well.

This time the installer complained about access to some files half way through and restarted. On completion instead of upgrading the current site it was asking for a new site !!!!

I had backed up by config store and directories but now I'm trying unsuccessfully to push my old services and settings from the backed up 10.2.2 config into my new 10.3.1 store

I have wierd things happening like:

1. ImagerService services have started and all work fine
  2. MapService services say started but on general tab of services says "Service does not include machine name information" Hence get a rest error
  3. when i pusblish a new service as a test it also says the same above but works fine in rest and displays
  4. for the services that dont work i get Error: Error handling service request :0x80070002 - Code: 500

Is there a proper methodology to migrate a 10.2.2. config store to a 10.3.1. config site?? I've been copying the services from config and input folder under directories across.

Really need some help on this urgently

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Alistair-

Sounds to me like you had changes to your directory structure between since your 10.2.2 install.  I'd go back and look for any privilege or location changes to any directories, particularly to your config-store and/or directories folders.  Without more info its hard to say.

David

0 Kudos