Export AGS Site Error

4433
2
Jump to solution
11-25-2015 08:20 AM
Lynchburg_GISDivision
New Contributor III

In trying to backup our AGS Site on ArcGIS Server 10.2.2, we are receiving the following error message:

Export operation failed. Name is null

This error is occurring whether we are attempting to export the site from within the arcgis/admin interface or using a python script. When checking into the server logs, we find the below error message:

SEVERENov 25, 2015, 10:43:36 AMExport operation failed. Name is nullAdminATLAS.LYNCHBURGVA.GOV7196

I searched for the error code 7196 in the Core server log codes without any success.

Our AGS site consists of two machines that participate in a single cluster. All other admin tasks (stop/start cluster etc) work without issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing the error? Alternative workflow for backing up the AGS site?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lynchburg_GISDivision
New Contributor III

Just an update. We contacted ESRI support and they were able to resolve the problem. There was a hung jobs folder that was preventing the site from successfully exporting. The folder itself was a few months old and only contained a lock file within in. Once the folder was deleted, the site exported successfully from both the admin API and from within python.

Here is the location of the jobs directory where we found the hung job: C:\arcgisserver\config-store\system\jobs

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AprilWilliford
New Contributor II

I believe the backup file *.agssite generated from the admin site is just a zip file containing the config-store and directories folders. I tried zipping those folders, naming it backup.agssite, then using that file to import site and it worked. However, I have not tried this on a multiple machine site.

Hope you find a solution!

0 Kudos
Lynchburg_GISDivision
New Contributor III

Just an update. We contacted ESRI support and they were able to resolve the problem. There was a hung jobs folder that was preventing the site from successfully exporting. The folder itself was a few months old and only contained a lock file within in. Once the folder was deleted, the site exported successfully from both the admin API and from within python.

Here is the location of the jobs directory where we found the hung job: C:\arcgisserver\config-store\system\jobs

View solution in original post