ESRI Admin Certification

01-08-2016 11:36 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All,

i was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction for educational resources for taking the Enterprise Admin Assoc. 10.1 exam?

i saw they had an instructor lead course that was about $1000, a little steep right now, wasnt sure if anyone else knew of a good book or website with helpful info?

thanks in advance

Dave

0 Kudos
6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Adding the Esri Certified Individuals

--- George T.
DavidCrosby
Esri Contributor

Some of the preparation resources are listed here:

http://downloads2.esri.com/campus/downloads/certification/TrainingResources/TrainingResourcesEEAA101...

The two e-learning courses listed there are free.  The help is also a good source of information.  Review the Skills Measured at this site Enterprise Administration Associate 10.1 Certification then review the topics in the help.

ArcGIS Help 10.1

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Also - 10.1 is a bit dated already. Since then Esri has introduced Portal for ArcGIS, which is and will be a critical part of the Esri platform. Is there a reason you're interested in pursuing a certification at 10.1?

MichaelRobb

As mentioned, 10.1 is outdated.

If you look at ESRI product life cycle.. 2018 is when 10.1 server will be 'retired' deprecated.

Currently there is a 5.5 year life cycle with server and desktop.  

http://downloads.esri.com/support/product%20life%20cycle/server_gis/ArcGISServer_PLC.pdf

Here are all the product life cycles.:

Product Life Cycles - Esri Support

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

sorry about that everyone, not sure why I put 10.1 in there, it was a copy/past input.

we are currently using 10.2.2 here so I hope that clarifies things for everyone.

just looking for a good all around intro to get a good base before I take any classes, etc

found the following website:

ArcGIS for Server 101

didn't know if anyone else had any helpful resources they could share.

thanks again!

Dave

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

I would not bother, for me, I have been waiting for a good.. oh.. 5 years now for ESRI to release Professional level for both ArcGIS Desktop Developer and either Enterprise System Design and Enterprise Administration.  Ive requested these several years in a row at the Dev summit.  

Been given several timelines of availability and 100% target not met....makes me wonder how much these really matter...

0 Kudos