Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 500 Could not find service with JNDI name

01-22-2013 07:17 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
To All ArcGIS Server (AGS) 10.1 Users:

I have a mapservice that I created (actual recreated at least once) in AGS 10.1 that I can see from its REST endpoint, but it keeps failing when being used in a FlexViewer Build 3.0 application with Error 500 - Could not find service with JNDI name.

If I create the exact same service with a different name and use it in the FlexViewer application there are no problems.

I thought it might have something to do with the local client browser cache, but I have deleted that cache numerous times without success.

Any feedback on this problem is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
ArcGIS Server 10.1 is written in Java:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Naming_and_Directory_Interface

It feels like some type of configuration issue.

The fact that you get this error only for a specific service seems odd.  Perhaps you could examine the service definition file(s) that ArcGIS Server created for this service and compare it to the ones that work?
0 Kudos
DavidNixon
New Contributor
Michael,
I've been experiencing this a lot more lately on 10.1.  I've found the quickest way to combat the JNDI error is to delete the existing service and republish it as new with the same name.  Overwriting does not work, but republishing as new with the same name doesn't require you to update your configurations.
0 Kudos