Editing on the web using �??ArcGIS Web ADF�?�,

02-06-2013 11:36 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Editing on the web using �??ArcGIS Web ADF�?�,

It tied to add the �??editor�?� task while working on the �??ArcGIS Web ADF�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21522[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]21523[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]21524[/ATTACH]

but I got the message below:

�??This task requires an ArcGIS Server Local Service that is based on a map document (MXD). Please add an ArcGIS Server Local Service that is based on a map document (MXD) on the previous step before configuring the task.�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21525[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue?

What is weird is that I used the same service in the �??ArcGIS viewer for flex�?� and I could edit on the web!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21526[/ATTACH]

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
2 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
In 10.1 there is Editing on the web using �??ArcGIS Web ADF�?� for compatibilty with service ags 10 but you cannot use with service ags10.1 because there isn't dcom. see web editing ( http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2011/04/27/considerations-for-arcgis-server-developers-a-look-towa... ). In your picture you have type: ArcGIS Server Internet. You need connection with ArcGIS Server Local with ags 10 using a mxd and not msd
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

In 10.1 there is Editing on the web using �??ArcGIS Web ADF�?� for compatibilty with service ags 10 but you cannot use with service ags10.1 because there isn't dcom. see web editing ( http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2011/04/27/considerations-for-arcgis-server-developers-a-look-towa... ). In your picture you have type: ArcGIS Server Internet. You need connection with ArcGIS Server Local with ags 10 using a mxd and not msd

Thank you Domenico for the help,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21640[/ATTACH]

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos