Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Geometric Network Feature Classes Feature Services

07-29-2015 07:38 AM
DavidAlford1
New Contributor III

I have a feature class as part of the P_Pipeline feature dataset that I published as a feature service (P_CPTestPoint). I added it as an item in AGOL and added it to a Web Map and made a WebAppBuilder Map using just that one feature.

The problem is that it will not let me create a new point. It just says "Click to add point", but will not place the point on the map. I have tried this with feature classes from other Geometric Networks (Water, Sewer, Stormwater) in my Local Government Information Model, but none of them work. FYI, Global IDs and Versioning ARE enabled on all my datasets.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBryant2
Occasional Contributor II

David, did you ever resolve this? 

I had a similar problem when we first attempted to use Portal for ArcGIS - I could not create any points in the field. I think it had something to do with our VPN configuration. We never got it fixed, but decided to scrap Portal and instead use ArcGIS Online. 

However, we did not have a geometric network configured at the time. I am about to set one up and am curious if this is a basic limitation of using feature services that participate in a geometric network.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Do you see an error in the logs regarding geometry can't be applied?  What projection is your data in, and what basemap are you using in the webmap?  You can't edit reprojected data, so if your data isn't in Web Mercator, (likely), and you're use an Esri basemap, you won't be able to edit.  Try to add the map service as the basemap, add the feature service as an operational layer, then try to edit.  Since the data isn't reprojected, this should go through.

JoeBryant2
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Jonathan - that makes sense. I will give it a try as soon as we get the geometric network up and the services published.

0 Kudos