Dynamic IP Deployment?

Jump to solution
06-17-2013 11:04 AM
ClintonCooper1
New Contributor III
First of all thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  I am in the middle of starting a new business and looking to deploy ARCGIS server 10.1 Sp1 to run web APIs to smart phone and other internet connected devices.  I am looking at a single machine deployment to test the system (ie router, server that has AD, dns, dhcp, web server, and all associated GIS Server software).   I will create my maps on a separate client and publish to this machine where the outside internet world will connect to view/edit.  While I understand this puts me at great risk, this is just a simple testing deployment...

My question is this.  To save myself a whole bunch of money by upgrading to a business class internet setup, where I get a static ip number, can I deploy this system using a Dynamic IP with a ddns?  If so, what additional items do I need to install/change to make this deployment work? 

To be honest, I am a newbie to IT systems and Server deployment.  I know enough to get me in trouble and make me dangerous, but I am willing to learn!  Thanks in advance!

Clinton
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinRodriguez
Occasional Contributor
Hello,
DDNS should be a viable solution to this issue. Please do not hesitate to put further questions on the forums when you do your deployment. Good luck-

Justin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JustinRodriguez
Occasional Contributor
Hello,
DDNS should be a viable solution to this issue. Please do not hesitate to put further questions on the forums when you do your deployment. Good luck-

Justin
0 Kudos
ClintonCooper1
New Contributor III
Thanks for getting back to me.  Through my ISP, I was able to obtain a static IP for a smaller than expected price, so I am going to go through that option.
0 Kudos