Downloading dataset using python

02-14-2022 07:36 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All,

Im calling on "arcpy.conversion.FeatureClasstoGeodatabase" to download a couple features into a gdb. these features are located within enterprise and both are published as feature services.

1) Roads, 600k features takes about 22min to download

2) Addresses, 3.2mil features never finishes. after 6hrs of runtime there are only 200k features in gdb

im wondering if someone could help me out here with running this basic command i expected the addresses to take longer since there are more features but i dont understand why there is a major discrepancy in runtime vs # of features downloaded between the two data sets?

is there a better command to call on within python 3 to achieve the same goal? 

thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
3 Replies
berniejconnors
Dave,
Is it possible that your python script is having trouble accessing the address feature class because the address feature service is also accessing the same feature class? To rule this out perhaps the first step in your python script should be to make a copy of the address feature class within the enterprise geodatabase. Or, if possible, stop the address feature service before you attempt to copy the data.
Bernie.
0 Kudos
DaveTenney

that all makes sense, unfortunately the data is from an external source. we dont have any control of the source other than we've been given access to the REST endpoints.

Dave

0 Kudos
HuubZwart
Occasional Contributor

Copy Features has the same result, for example. Another option depends on the capabilities of the source feature service, you could look into creating a replica (with file GDB as export option) and downloading that. 

0 Kudos