Doubts about services in Arcgis Server

Jump to solution
11-19-2019 04:59 PM
SoratoSouza_e_Silva
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I have a database registered on my Arcgis server, within this database I have data that has been published as a service. When changing this data in the database, will my data automatically change on the arcgis server as well?

Thank´s

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sorato,

> When changing this data in the database, will my data automatically change on the arcgis server as well?

You will have to provide more details on your workflow. This will depend on several factors:

• Is the data source a "database" or a "geodatabase"? If the former, did you use a query layer to retrieve the data into ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro)?
  • When you published the service, did you use a registered referenced data source or did you "copy" the data to the GIS Server? See the help topic,
    Introduction to sharing web layers—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop
    If you selected the "copy" option, then the data will not update in the web service.
  • What type of service did you publish? Did you publish a cached map service? - Cached map services don't update and will have to be re-created. If you published a feature service, then it will depend on item 2 above.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Sorato,

It sure will depending on how you have registered your database and how you have referenced the data in your web services. For information you can see here Register your data with ArcGIS Server using Server Manager—Manage data | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Thanks

Ben 

SoratoSouza_e_Silva

Thank´s helped me a lot.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sorato,

> When changing this data in the database, will my data automatically change on the arcgis server as well?

You will have to provide more details on your workflow. This will depend on several factors:

• Is the data source a "database" or a "geodatabase"? If the former, did you use a query layer to retrieve the data into ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro)?
  • When you published the service, did you use a registered referenced data source or did you "copy" the data to the GIS Server? See the help topic,
    Introduction to sharing web layers—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop
    If you selected the "copy" option, then the data will not update in the web service.
  • What type of service did you publish? Did you publish a cached map service? - Cached map services don't update and will have to be re-created. If you published a feature service, then it will depend on item 2 above.

Hope this helps,

SoratoSouza_e_Silva

Thank´s helped me a lot.