Select to view content in your preferred language

Do ArcGIS Pro layer caching properties get honoured in published services?

Jump to solution
12-17-2023 10:09 AM
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro has caching functionality in the Layer Properties:

Cache—The cache is a local copy of the layer used to improve performance. Each layer in a map or scene can have an independent caching setting. Group layers do not have caching options. See Set caching options for more information about caches. There are four caching options.

• Keep the cache between sessions and only clear it when the data is updated. With this option, the cache is preserved between sessions as long as the data remains consistent. It becomes invalidated when data is updated.
  • Keep the cache between sessions, but clear the cache automatically based on a time limit you specify. Use this option if you know that your data is always updated after a specific time interval.
  • Clear the cache at the end of each session. Every time you close ArcGIS Pro, the cache will be invalidated.
  • Never cache data locally. Use this option if you have highly dynamic data that changes constantly.

Do those properties get honoured when publishing a layer as a service to Portal? Portal/Enterprise is not my area of expertise.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Those settings are for ArcGIS Pro alone, for ArcGIS Server Map Caching read the link below.

Map caching—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Those settings are for ArcGIS Pro alone, for ArcGIS Server Map Caching read the link below.

Map caching—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos