Select to view content in your preferred language

DMZ Configuration on existing single machine deployment

12-22-2022 08:39 AM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

Hi All, Currently My environment installed with all ArcGIS Enterprise (portal, web adaptors , server and data store) on single machine with AD users  firewall behind.  And now decided to include DMZ between external clients and our internal ArcGIS Environment. I am using ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0.  I read in different blogs about reverse proxy, the web adaptors itself acts as a reverse proxy in DMZ . do we need to move away web adaptors from existing environment ? or keep web adaptors in same machine and install another 2 separate web adaptors on new machine ?. Please suggest me 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ttimmerman_nes
New Contributor II

Hi @vijaybadugu ,

The short answer is that either option could work. You can use a third-party reverse proxy to pass traffic from the DMZ to the web adaptors which are already configured on your single machine deployment, or you could relocate the web adaptors into the DMZ and direct them to Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server respectively.  

Whichever option you choose, you'll need to ensure that the URL used to access the Portal for ArcGIS site does not change, so you'll likely need to update a DNS record.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Do you have any documentation of configuring with DMZ?

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Thanks

0 Kudos