Distributed Collaboration fails sync to arcgisonline

11-02-2022 11:25 AM
Rayn
by
New Contributor III

I have a distributed collaboration set up between our ArcGIS enterprise portal and our ArcGIS Online account.  I have several workspaces set up between several groups.  I have been trying to sync a new data set in a new workspace but i continue to get the "completed_with_failures" message when i sync.  The data is a referenced feature service from an enterprise database with sync turned on. I want to sync as a copy since agol users wont be able to access the data off of enterprise portal.

The sync error message is: "message": "Failed to import the data from the 'hosted feature layer' 'item_id' due to 'publishing error'. This 'hosted feature layer' item will NOT be imported."

When i look at AGOL i can see the layer is there but not in the workspace group it shoul be in, and when i look at the layer description i see "SQLite Geodatabase that will be used for publishing a feature service." So i suspect it is not finishing the publishing of the hosted feature service from enterprise to AGOL.  so instead i get this remnant of the publishing process with some data in one of the layers but the rest have no records.

I have republished the layer as overwrite.  i have deleted the layer form enterprise and republished as new.  i have published a different layer to the workspace group.  i have removed and recreated the entire workspace from the collaboration.

I'm out of ideas, and I don't find anything helpful when googling the error message.  Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Rayn

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NTSAdministrator
New Contributor II

I am experiencing virtually the same issue, except there are no remnants following through to AGOL. 

0 Kudos
Lu-chiaChuang
New Contributor III

I was trying to sync 1.6 million points from a host ArcGIS portal to a guest ArcGIS portal. I experienced a similar issue at first. Found your post, so I assumed that the publishing process on the guest portal hasn't finished yet. I waited for about 10 minutes, and the sync was completed. 

So I think your suspicion on the "SQLite Geodatabase that will be used for publishing a feature service" is correct. Your dataset was probably too large for AGOL to publish a hosted feature service fast enough. Anyway, thanks for sharing your case. 

0 Kudos