Dashboard indicator to count intersects?

11-22-2021 09:36 AM
LLCCG
by
New Contributor III

I've got ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. I'd like to have an indicator count the number of features that intersect with another feature. Is that possible? If so, what's the best way to do it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

Will the feature change and the count at the intersections be dynamic?  Or will the dataset be static?  Also, will you be publishing this data online or just in a local project/ database?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
LLCCG
by
New Contributor III

The dataset is mostly static, but the indicator will change.

I've got two feature classes--one set of points and one set of polygons. I'd like to have an indicator on a dashboard that will show the number of points inside the polygons in the current map view. 

I'm thinking I might be able to do something with Arcade, but the "Advanced formatting" option doesn't show up in the dashboard indicators. Is that available in Enterprise, or is it an AGOL thing only?

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I think you are looking for attribute from intersection?  

https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/blob/master/any/attributeFromLargestArea.md 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
LLCCG
by
New Contributor III

That's the goal. But I can't figure out if there's a way to get that using the Ops Dashboard. When I make an indicator, I don't get a button that says "Advanced formatting" anywhere. It's only giving me the option to use the preconfigured indicator tools, not any Arcade. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmm.... No sure about Ops Dashboard, but I have a Dashboard with indicators and it uses field data to count.  When you set up that Arcade expression it acts like a data field.  I think you would have to set this up in a feature or map services in AGOL first.... never heard of AGOL web apps like dashboard using shapefiles before?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos