Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Print Service - print dynamic text from feature layer

07-24-2024 12:11 AM
Ankitkhanna
New Contributor III

Hi All, I am seeking advice on populating dynamic text from feature layer in my custom print layout on Enterprise 11.1 to be used in Experience builder OOTB print widget.

I have designed new layout in ArcGIS Pro, which contains 1 Map Frame and Text elements which includes dynamic texts (Insert > Dynamic Text > Table Attribute > Value) specific to Map Frame and Feature table fields.

I have exported layout as PAGX and registered templates with ArcGIS Server.

Then I published Export Web Map and Get Layout Templates Info tools as a web tool to portal.

I have followed above stated steps from here:

My print service is responsive on portal, I am able to add the service to Print widget in EXB; but the output Print results does not include the values of dynamic texts. 

Ankitkhanna_0-1721804909195.png

All these text on the left should populate values from the feature layer visible in MAP FRAME.

Please share any advice or tips. 

TIA, Ankit

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ankitkhanna
New Contributor III

An update on this, I have managed to get the fields populating with values now. The issue was related to my feature service which was not saving features created by editing widget. As features weren't saved in feature layer, values was not appearing while print. Now that is fixed.

BUT I have another issue with dynamic text fields, layout is configured to show values to VISIBLE ROWS of MAP FRAME. But while printing, dynamic text populates for all features in MAP EXTENT even if the features are not visible.

Is there any setting to enable to PRINT only VISIBLE rows not all while publishing LAYOUTS?

Ankitkhanna
New Contributor III

@TanuHoquecould you please assist here, thanks.

0 Kudos