Create Map Server Cache. Failed 10.3

05-04-2016 09:12 AM
DanFranklin
New Contributor II

Good Afternoon All,

I have an ArcGIS Server in a live environment which has both a live and staging area for caching. Once data has been cached on the staging server, it is then replicated across into the live service. In theory anyways.

So the problem that I have is that I can create a Cached Map Service. I can publish the service but when I try to make the service a cached service this is the error I receive and is attached.

Because of the fact that it works perfectly within the live environment I have come to the conclusion that it can only be a file permissions/ user permissions or a file locking issue.

I set the logs in ArcGIS Server Manager to DEBUG and got the following messages:

<Msg time="2016-04-19T15:50:51,213" type="VERBOSE" code="6638" source="Admin" process="3112" thread="1" methodName="" machine="server.fqdn" user="" elapsed="">Failed to retrieve service item information for 'SampleWorldCities.MapServer'. Uploaded content not found.</Msg>

<Msg time="2016-04-19T15:50:51,213" type="DEBUG" code="9999" source="Admin" process="3112" thread="1" methodName="" machine="server.fqdn" user="" elapsed="">com.esri.arcgis.discovery.admin.AdminException: Uploaded content not found.

Looking at these logs makes me think that the Caching Tools cannot read the data within the published non-cached service and then made sure that the datastore where the data is coming from is registered within ArcGIS Server Manager.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
0 Replies