Comparing the changes between the parent and child versions,

01-26-2017 10:53 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Comparing the changes between the parent and child versions,

Currently, the ArcGIS shows only where there is a conflict between child version and its parent. What I wanted to know here if there is a way to show all the changes that has occurred regardless if it caused conflict or not so that the data verifier can accept\reject the change. On other words, I don’t need to restrict “resolving” the update just in case of conflict but I need also to have a look on all other changes even in case where there is no conflict and then to decide either to accept or reject.

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Edit...sorry, I think that takes the data reviewer extension, and isn't part of core.

Have you looked at this section in the help?

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) 

The Version Differences command allows you to view differences between the geodatabase version you are editing (the current version) and any other version of the geodatabase (the compare version). The two versions can be compared to check for the following conditions.
Adds—Features that are present in the current version but not the compare version
Deletes—Features that are present in the compare version but not in the current version
Modifies—Features that have different attributes or geometry in the current version than the compare version
Adds and modifies can be viewed on the Browse Features window or written directly to the Reviewer table for later inspection. You can only search for deleted features if you write to the Reviewer table because no feature will exist in the current version that can be selected with the Browse Features window.

On the Data Reviewer toolbar, click Data Reviewer > Version Differences.
The Version Differences dialog box appears. The Current Version field is automatically populated with the version that is loaded in the map.
Version Differences dialog box
Click the Compare Version drop-down arrow and choose the version you want to compare to the current version.
The versions that are listed vary based on your permissions for the ArcSDE geodatabase.

Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Using the Version Changes command—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

The Version Changes dialog box provides the capability to view the changes made to a version since it was created or last reconciled with an ancestor version.

The dialog box lists all modified classes, inserts, updates, and deletes and allows you to view these in an experience similar to the interactive Conflicts dialog box.

It also allows you to view the changes made during your current edit session.

AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi Jamal - use caution when trying to mass reconcile and post. The behind the scenes action is comparing one version to another....I'm not aware of any way to compare multiple child versions to a single parent, although I think that could be a useful tool. In your later post, you were using the batch reconcile tool. Using that with the abort if conflicts are found would be the fastest way to identify conflicts between children of a single parent.

-Adam Z

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you guys for the input. This is very useful.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos