Collector not able to sync with server

01-12-2016 03:19 PM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

So just got back from collecting a few points in collector, went to sync it up o the server (we work in offline environment out in the field) and when i tried to sync i got the following error "Operation couldnt be completed sync tools service error. could not service request"

When i went to log at the logs i saw this

Message: The containing process for 'System/SyncTools' job 'j2a92948f1fc942a199f0bde8ef52e662' has crashed.

Code: 8254

and then

Message: Instance of the service 'System/SyncTools.GPServer' crashed. Please see if an error report was generated in 'C:\arcgisserver\logs\AFGIS.AD.FULLERTON.EDU\errorreports'. To send an error report to Esri, compose an e-mail to ArcGISErrorReport@esri.com and attach the error report file.

Code: 8252

so i went to check and see if there was an error report and nothing.

last week everything work and i am not aware of anything that has changed.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Randall,

Would you be able to reach out to Esri Support Services? This issue may require further investigation and they would be a good resource to get you on the right track.

This issue could be a one time occurrence where the Sync Tools service has crashed, causing the process to fail as well. Before attempting to sync again, log into ArcGIS Server Manager and verify that System/SyncTools is running. If it crashes again, there may be another variable with the data to investigate.

-Scott

RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Scott,

Thanks i tried that and it was running. Just to be on the safe side i started and stopped the service and the server. Still doing it.

Tech Support will be my next step.

Although i might see i can recreate it with different service first.

Thanks for the response

0 Kudos