Clip and Ship returns empty output.zip folder when extracting a .dwg. Shape files and FGDB's work perfectly

10-17-2014 08:40 AM
BobNichols
New Contributor III

EDIT: I moved this from the Silverlight forum hoping that someone here might be able to shed some light.  This is a GP issue not Silverlight.

I stood up a GP service yesterday using the Clip and Ship example from ESRI, found here: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) .  Using the Silverlight example for extracting data found here: ArcGIS API for Silverlight - Interactive Samples (without modifications), I am successfully able to extract data to a shape file or fgdb.  However, if I try to extract to a dwg I am given the message that it was successful and when I download the zip file it is empty, no dwg is produced.  If I go to the scratch space on the server to look at the output directory for that job its output content is empty as well.  This led me to believe that something is wrong with the GP.  To test it, I opened ArcMap, ran the GP and it produced a dwg without any issue.   I am not to sure what else to try.  I am running ArcGIS for Server 10.2 and version 3.1 for the Silverlight api.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

~Bob

http://cougGIS.wsu.edu

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BobNichols
New Contributor III

I have done some testing and have narrowed it down to the GP service.  I can run it directly from the REST endpoint and experience the same results as if I ran it via my Silverlight app.  Shape file and fgdb exports works perfectly, but exporting to any other format produces an empty zip file.  Again this GP works perfectly when running it in ArcMap from a toolbox.  I am not to sure where to go from here and am hoping someone has an idea where to start. 

I should also mention that there are no errors that show up in the ArcGIS Server Manager Logs.

Help!

~Bob

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Hate to bounce you somewhere else again but if it is a GP issue, you're best bet is posting this issue inside an ArcGIS Server forum/space. The JS API just consumes GPs; all the "coding" developed by ESRI falls back to ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of ArcGIS for Server are you working with?

I ask because there's a bug that was logged against 10.2 for a similar issue:

[#NIM097714 Clip and Ship GP (Geoprocessing) service example for ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 or 10.2 produces empty output for KMZ, DWG, and DXF formats.]

The documented work around is to move to 10.2.1 or 10.2.2

Here's the 10.2.1 example:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f1a22bdb78984d73a86f2ef2eec486fe

BobNichols
New Contributor III

We are on straight 10.2.  I will have to work with my IT folks and get us upgraded to 10.2.2 a little sooner than I had anticipated.  Thank you so much for this.  I have been searching this issue for a week now with no luck, I never once came across the bug that you referenced.

Thank You!

~Bob

0 Kudos