Changing Staging Location for Tile Cache Datastore

Jump to solution
02-16-2020 10:28 PM
ImranKhan_P
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Is there any ArcGIS Data Store Command Utility to change the staging location for TileCache Datastore?

From the documentation what I can see is that the existing Command Utility "changestaginglocation" is meant for relational data stores.

ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference - ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference—Portal for ArcGIS (10.8) | Documentation for ArcGIS Ente... 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ImranKhan_P
New Contributor III

Hello Guys,

The utility "changestaginglocation" can now be used for Tile Cache Datastore as well which is new at 10.8.1.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Hi Imran - for the tile cache data store, you can use the changenosqldslocation command utility.  The steps are elaborated on further in this technical article: "How To: Change the ArcGIS Data Store default folder location to a different storage drive."  Hope this helps!

ImranKhan_P
New Contributor III

Hi Jill Edstrom - Thank you for the response. But changenosqldslocation command utility won't change the staging location of the Tile Cache Datastore Backups. The backup will still get stored in the default location before moving to the backup location. In my case I don't have enough space in C Drive for the Staging Location to get backup created before moving to the backup location.

In the case of Relational Datastore we have a command line utility to change the staging location. I'm looking for the same to the Tile Cache Datastore, if any.

0 Kudos
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings Imran Khan Pathan's Blog‌, 
I don't know whether you found an answer to your query, but if you need to change the location of the Tile Cache DS, you can use the configurebackuplocation command utility.

For instance, if you have designated a shared directory on another server, say //<server FQDN>/DS_1071_Backup/TileCache

you would use the following:

configurebackuplocation --store tileCache --operation change --location \\<server FQDN>\DS_1071_Backup\TileCache

Hope that helps.

Miguel
0 Kudos
ImranKhan_P
New Contributor III

Hello Guys,

The utility "changestaginglocation" can now be used for Tile Cache Datastore as well which is new at 10.8.1.