Cannot move config-store or create the site

03-08-2023 12:58 AM
MarGIS
by
New Contributor III

Hello, Everyone

I am trying to install ArcGIS Enterprise (Highly Available) on the cloud. When creating the ArcGIS Server site, I could not given that the config-store and directories are on file storage server. As a test I created the site locally and it is worked fine. The next step was to move the config-store and directories again on file storage, so I have received the following message

"Failed to update the configuration store. Configuration store error. File system '\\shared-storage\arcgisserver\config-store\machines\MachineName.json' put failed. Another administrative operation is currently accessing the store. Please try again later"

I believe that the problem in the way to the shared storage but I cannot know exactly what is the root cause. The shared storage have read/write permissions. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

The message you're receiving indicates that ArcGIS Server is already working on the directory (likely moving the config-store to that location).

Are you seeing file sizes increase progressively on \\shared-storage?  

If you're convinced it's hanging - try stopping the ArcGIS Server, login to \\shared storage and look for any Open files in mmc (originating from ArcGIS Server) - delete the open files sessions and then start the ArcGIS Server service.

0 Kudos
MarGIS
by
New Contributor III

@Aled_Jonesthank you for your repIy, but I am not sure what is the directory do you mean (if it is active directory) of course no I am sure that I install ArcGIS Server on a machine that is not Active Directory.

The files of config-store folder on shared storage are zero size and all files are empty which mean that ArcGIS Service account cannot write anything there. I am not sure how to do mmc.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

The directory(file structure) I mean is your shared storage. 

Here is a tutorial on using mmc to view open files: https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/116098-create-an-mmc-snapin-to-list-open-files-on-shares

It does look like the process is hanging for you if there is zero size on \\shared-storage

0 Kudos
MarGIS
by
New Contributor III

@Aled_JonesThanks for your reply, but for clarification the shared storage is a file system on the cloud not (folder on a computer), so when I enter the ip address of the subnet that contain the storage I got a message from mmc that this is invalid computer name. I think the mmc will not work  here.

Thanks

0 Kudos