Cannot login to ArcGIS server from remote PC.

01-25-2016 08:16 AM
Muqit_Zoarder
Occasional Contributor

Hello all, please can anyone tell me the solution ?

Unbenannt.PNG

My ArcGIS server is in ip : 192.168.224.16 and I have created users in server thus ppls can login to the server from their PC's. For example I want to login from 192.168.224.15 IP. But I cannot.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Check the firewall on the server.  Port 6080 must be accessible from the remote host.

- V

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You may have other security in place preventing this also. 

Securing your ArcGIS Server site—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

This tells how to secure it, but sometimes putting these items in place can prevent the ability to log in from other machines or thru IP. for example,

- do you have SSL installed. in that case, you may need

https://<you machine name>:6443/arcgis/manager/

- Do you have admin permisisons?

Muqit_Zoarder
Occasional Contributor

Thank you all. I have done it. I closed the firewall for 6080 port and now i can access the arcgis server manager from other PC's of my network.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Remember to mark any results that were helpful, and one as answering your question, or "assumed answered" if none answered your question but it is resolved, so others known the problem has been solved.

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I think you mean you opened a port.  When a firewall is installed, most ports are closed.  The term of art is "poke a hole in the firewall" to enable communication, and it does have sinister connotations, since too many holes would let a fire through.

Be sure to always document whatever ports you enable, and to keep their scope appropriately limited.

- V

Muqit_Zoarder
Occasional Contributor

Hello Vince, thank you, yes I opened the port 6080.

Regards

Muqit

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Since your issue/question is resolved, remember to mark any answers that were helpful, and select one that answered your question so this thread can be shown as resolved.  Thanks.

0 Kudos